Homemade gifts are always remembered because they are personal and come from the heart. I love preserving extra salsa, jam, and jelly each year for gift giving. I package these up in gift baskets along with some homemade cookies, breads, and other complimentary specialty items.
Since I am not very crafty, I reached out to my blogging friends and asked if they would share their homemade and hand crafted gift ideas. I am honored to curate an amazing assortment of creative and inspirational projects for making personal gifts for everyone on your list. I will be sharing these projects in the upcoming weeks as the holidays grow near. For now, please enjoy some delicious homemade food gifts that even the non-crafty folks can make.
Over 20 Homemade Food Gifts from the Kitchen
Show your foodie friends and loved ones that you care by giving homemade edible gifts that they will truly enjoy. Need some ideas? Here are some culinary inspired presents that you can make in your kitchen:
Tinctures, Extracts, and Infusions
Tinctures, extracts, and infusions need at least 2-4 weeks for flavors to develop fully. There are so many possibilities that you may become addicted to exploring different flavors. Start making these early and you will be ready to bottle several up to give to someone special.
- Herbal Infused Vinegar -Tenth Acre Farm
- Homemade Peppermint Liqueur – Oh the Things We’ll Make
- DIY Vanilla Extract 3 Ways – Natural Fit Foodie
- Homemade Mint Extract – Simple Life Mom
- Herbal Infused Honey – SchneiderPeeps
- Homemade Pure Vanilla Extract – Oh, the Things We’ll Make!
- Berry Infused Liqueur -Tenth Acre Farm
- Homemade Stevia Extract – Simple Life Mom
- Herbal Tincture -Tenth Acre Farm
- Lemon Infused Honey – Pixies Pocket
Homemade Jams, Jellies, and Condiments
Giving homemade food gifts from homegrown ingredients from your garden makes the present extra special. If you preserve your own food, you may have plenty of jam and jelly to give away as presents. Dress up your jars with labels, ribbons, and add to gift baskets or gift bags:
- Homemade Spiced Apple Jelly – Grow a Good Life
- Mason Jar Italian Salad Dressing – Grow a Good Life
- Hot Pepper Jelly and Cowboy Candy Fruit Leather – Joybilee Farm
- Homemade Bread and Butter Pickles – Grow a Good Life
- Herbal Jelly – Herbal Academy
- Berry Syrup with Honey – Grow a Good Life
- Apple Pie Chai Jelly – Joybilee Farm
- Homemade Applesauce – Grow a Good Life
- Homemade Pepper Jam – Homemade Food Junkie
Herb and Spice Blends
If you grow your own herbs, dehydrate extra so you can give some away as gifts. Or purchase quality herbs in bulk and create your own homemade spice blend combinations. Package these up in sweet jars or tins and add a decorative label.
- DIY Gourmet Basil Sea Salt – The Rising Spoon
- 3 Healthy DIY Gomasio (Sesame Salt) Recipes – Studio Botanica
- Fresh Herb Jars as a Handmade Gift – Homestead Chronicles
Treats and Baked Goodies
Homemade sweets and baked goods are always appreciated presents and hostess gifts. Wrap up these treats in decorative gift bags or tins, dress them up with ribbons and labels, and give them as festive food gifts to family and friends.
- Butternut Spice Bundt Cake to Bless Your Friends – Joybilee Farm
- Nuts in Honey: a handmade gift – Almost Bananas
- Herbalicious Homemade Granola – Herbal Academy
- Salted Maple Candied Pecans – Joybilee Farm
- As-You-Like-It Granola – Calm Healthy Sexy
- Homemade English Toffee – Little Family Adventure
Overwhelmed with all the ingredients and instructions needed to make your own home made food gifts? Then consider these easy use kits from Grow and Make. Each kit contains all the ingredients, step-by-step instructions, and containers to make your own homemade food gifts.
- Artisan Vinegar Kits
- BBQ Sauce Making Kits
- Chocolate & Candy Making Kits
- Mustard Making Kits
- Hot Sauce Making Kits
Be sure to visit our Pinterest board where we will be pinning even more great homemade gifts that you can create from the heart:
Did you enjoy this article? Then sign up to get FREE email updates, tips, and encouragement so you can Grow a Good Life!