This garden fresh salsa recipe takes advantage of seasonal ingredients. It is so easy to make, just toss the ingredients into a food processor or blender, pulse it to the consistency you like, and enjoy.
With fresh ingredients available from the garden or farmers market, and a food processor, it is easy to whip up a batch of fresh salsa. This is a simple go to recipe. This recipe makes about 3 cups of garden fresh salsa. Store the extra in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Garden Fresh Salsa
- 2 pounds paste tomatoes
- 1 Anaheim chili pepper
- 2 medium jalapeño chili peppers
- 1 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon cane sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- Blanch and skin tomatoes.
- Wear gloves and remove seeds and membrane from Anaheim pepper. Keep jalapeño seeds if you want a hot salsa.
- Give vegetables a rough chop, add all ingredients to food processor, and pulse until the consistency you like.
- Test seasoning with a tortilla chip and adjust as needed.
- Refrigerate for a least an hour to allow the flavors to blend.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- Store extra in refrigerator. Makes about 3 cups.
I usually fill one-pint jar and a small bowl and refrigerate. This will last for a while in the fridge although I have to say it doesn’t last very long in our house. But it is easy to make another fresh batch as needed.
Note: This is not a safe canning recipe. Please check out this recipe for canning salsa: Tomato Salsa Recipe for Canning
You May Also Like:
- 3 Ways to Preserve Peppers
- Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 10 Tips to Growing Peppers in Colder Climates
- How to Grow a Salsa Garden
- Homemade Flour Tortilla Recipe
- Grilled Tomato Salsa
Mary Spencer says
Would this Garden Fresh Salsa freeze well. Should any of the ingredients need to be left out and added when thawed ?
©Rachel Arsenault says
Yes, this salsa freezes very well. If you store it flat in zipper freezer bags, you can break off pieces and thaw as you need it.