Mini slider buns are so versatile! They make fantastic appetizer sandwiches, such as mini burgers, pulled pork sandwiches, and even breakfast sandwiches.
Tips for Making Mini Slider Buns
Mixing and Kneading the Dough: The dough for the mini slider buns can be prepared by using a bread machine, stand mixer, or kneaded by hand. Check out the tips for kneading bread in this post: Roasted Garlic Rosemary Bread.
Making Uniform Sized Buns: Use a kitchen scale to weigh out equal portions of dough so all your buns will be the same size and cook up evenly. First, place the dough on the scale to get the overall weight. Then, divide the weight amount by 15. This is the weight each dough piece should be. It should be around 40 grams depending on your dough. Split the dough into 15 pieces using the scale to measure out the weight of each piece.
Optional Topping Ideas: For a shiny crust, brush the mini slider buns with egg wash just before baking. After brushing, you can also sprinkle sesame, poppy, or white chia seeds on top for a fun finishing touch. Or jazz up the flavor even more with sea salt, onion flakes, and garlic powder.
How to Make Mini Slider Buns
Mix and knead the dough, and let it rise until doubled in size. After rising, turn the dough out to a well-floured board.
Divide the dough into 15 equal pieces and shape each piece into a round, ball.
Place each ball on your prepared baking sheet. Cover and let the dough rise again until doubled.
Bake in a preheated oven until tops are brown. Cool the mini slider buns on a rack and use for mini sliders, burgers, or even plain as dinner rolls.
Homemade Mini Slider Buns
- Dissolve the yeast in the warm water. Combine all the ingredients using a bread machine, stand mixer, or knead by hand until the dough is smooth and elastic. If you are using a bread machine's dough cycle, skip to step 3.
- Grease a large bowl with butter or olive oil. Place the dough in the bowl and turn to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts, until doubled, about 45-60 minutes.
- When the dough is doubled in size, press it down, turn it onto a lightly floured surface, and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 15 pieces. Shape the pieces into smooth, round balls and place on a lightly oiled sheet pan. Cover and let the dough rise again until doubled, about 45-60 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 400˚F when your dough is almost finished rising.
- Bake the mini slider buns in a preheated oven for 12-15 minutes until the tops are golden brown. Remove the buns from the oven and place on a cooling rack. Serve warm or store in a plastic bag once the rolls have cooled completely.
You May Also Like:
- Roasted Garlic Rosemary Bread
- How to Make Homemade Bread Crumbs
- Garlic and Cheddar Stuffed Mushrooms