Italian Salsa Cruda (Salsa Cruda di Pomodoro)
This Italian Salsa Cruda is a great way to enjoy ripe summer tomatoes, sweet bell peppers, and fresh Italian herbs. It is perfect for bruschetta, tossed with pasta, or spooned over grilled meat or fish.
Servings: 6 half cup
- 1 pound tomatoes diced about 2 cups
- 1 medium bell pepper diced about 1 cup
- 4 cloves garlic grated or chopped very fine
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt or to taste
Mix all the ingredients in a glass bowl.
Let the salsa cruda sit out for a least an hour at room temperature to let the flavors marinate.
Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
Makes about 3 cups. Refrigerate leftovers and use within 2-3 days.
Serving: 6half cup | Calories: 85kcal | Carbohydrates: 5.3g | Protein: 1.1g | Fat: 7.2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 199mg | Potassium: 235mg | Fiber: 1.3g | Sugar: 3g